[extropy-chat] Blog spam

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Thu Sep 29 05:52:38 UTC 2005

On 9/28/05 9:57 PM, "spike" <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:
> 1.  Who often said "...heah's ya beah, Ahhchie..." _ _ _ _ _
>
> 2.  "I would like to see him win this match, but I
> fear Clay is the better man."  Who is Clay today?
>
> 3.  "Linda Minda fo Finda, b _ _ _ _ _   f _ _ _ _ ...
>
> 4.  The one below KY and above GA.
>
> 5.  The Miami _ _ _ _ _ _ _ s.
>
> 6.  The U.S. has had exactly a hundred of these since 59.
>
> 7.  I had a crush on MaryAnn, but my friend thought
> _ _ _ _ _ _ was better.
>
> 8.  RayyyyyNeeeeeeer _ _ _ _.
>
> 9.  Little old lady shouting into phone:
> Where's  _ _ _  _ _ _ _?
>
> 10.  State shaped kinda like a fat L.

Damn.  I knew every last one of these.

The ones that could be among the most difficult are semi-obscure old
commercials, a few of which you've used above.  Some of these (like #8) are
also regional.  There are a couple of these would be nearly impossible to
Google down (like #9) without what amounts to a very transient cultural
experience.  I'll bet even some younger American adults would have a hard
time with #9.

More importantly, the cost of tracking many of these down in Google would be
sufficient that it would not be worth the effort in most cases.  Which is
all that is really required.

J. Andrew Rogers