[extropy-chat] Blog spam

Alejandro Dubrovsky alito at organicrobot.com
Thu Sep 29 06:09:32 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 22:40 -0700, spike wrote:
> Doh!  OK so Emlyn is way americana-hip.  He nailed
> 7.9 of mine.  This may demonstrate that Europeans
> and Australians are more up on U.S. trivia than
> vice versa.

Definitely.  But even without knowing, google answered most of them.
The main problem with these type of turing tests is that they take at
least as much effort to create as to solve.

> I scored it a 7.9 because the fat L state is Utah,
> but Louisiana is ~90% fat-L shaped.  And I was always
> a fan of Mrs. Howell, way better than Ginger of
> MaryAnn.  (So that silliness made it all the
> way over there?)
>
> Lets see who will get numbers 3 and 8.
> > >
> > > 3.  "Linda Minda fo Finda, b _ _ _ _ _   f _ _ _ _ ...

bonana fanna (http://www.bestlyrics.net/0-9/3/Laura-Branigan/Name-Game/)

I also had Louisiana (looks much more like an L to me than idaho does).
Would have never gotten the MaryAnn one though.  The mohammad ali one is
the only one I could do without looking up anything.  Still no idea
about Rayner.