[extropy-chat] I keep asking myself...

kevinfreels.com kevin at kevinfreels.com
Wed Apr 5 21:32:51 UTC 2006

Of course, looking at this from the copy's perspective is a bit different:

I am a copy that was created to go into space on a deep exploration. Well, I'm really angry about this!My original made me for this, but as an exact copy, I have no more desire to go myself than he does. Perhaps the original should go and leave me here. He wants to send me off to what may be certain death. I;ll never see my family again - unless he makes copies of them to go with me. But really, why SHOULD I go? How can he make me go? And once I leave, what makes him think I am going to do what he wants? Maybe I'll just kill the jerk this evening and take his place.

Perhaps semi-sentient, copies that replicate part but not all of our personalities will be more practical.......