[extropy-chat] Cryonics and uploading

Bret Kulakovich bret at bonfireproductions.com
Wed Feb 1 21:57:47 UTC 2006

On Jan 31, 2006, at 11:47 AM, John K Clark wrote:

> Now I'm sure you won't use the word "soul" to describe it, not on the
> Extropian list you won't, you'll dream up some euphemism for it,
> but I know
> what you're talking about. And shit by any other name would stink
> as bad.

No John, it is much, much worse.

And maybe even worse than that on Extropians:

1. I Don't Know.

Am I an electro/chemical event, my body a generator, and my
perception only a spark? Am I simply a rider, and my body a horse?
One day, will I toggle a switch, back and forth, and have the
subjective point of view of my sense-data hop between my physical
body and a server rack? Will I one day die, and wake up with angels
an ancestors? I do not know.

2. You Don't Know, Either.

And that is perhaps the worse part, from your point of view. But it
shouldnt be, since you'll just make copies of yourself.

Right? ; )

Bret K.