[extropy-chat] Muslim Machinations (was Protect ourselves to prevent a return to the middle ages)

Max M maxm at mail.tele.dk
Fri Feb 10 15:46:35 UTC 2006

Robert Bradbury wrote:

> On 2/10/06, *Dirk Bruere* <dirk.bruere at gmail.com
> <mailto:dirk.bruere at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     What can they do?
>     Turn every society in which they take residence into a mirror
>     image of N Ireland at its worst, with every critic having to fear
>     imminent death. For decades.
>

> There are days when I look at those generally peaceful Mexican
> Catholics migrating largely to the southern and western U.S. as not
> such a bad thing -- compared to the situation the Europeans are facing.

Ok, I need to add a little something here. There are about 200,000
muslims in Denmark, out of a population of 5 million.

Of these, about 10-20% are practicing. Meaning that they are attending
"churc". That is 10-20,000 in all.

Attending church regularly does not exactly make one a religious
fanatic. So all in all, there is only a minor group of "fanatics" and of
these even fewer are prone to violence.

The problem we have is the fact that the more extreme imams have been
speaking on the behalf of all muslims. Most muslims are moderate and
even secular, and are just going about their business. One of the good
things that has come of this cartoon idiocy is that a group of moderate
muslims has formed, as a counter meassure to the religious leaders.

So perhaps we can begin talking about political based integration
instead of religious now, as the imigrants do have substantial problems.
About 50% of the prison population are imigrants, and they have high
unemployment due to low educational levels. Although the immigrant
girls! are educated at about the same level as "native" danish girls.

It will be interresting to see how they will cope in the future with
their families cultural bias against marrying outside their religion,
and the males having lower levels of education.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/
IT's Mad Science