[extropy-chat] Superintelligence

Dirk Bruere dirk.bruere at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 21:43:37 UTC 2006

On 2/15/06, kevinfreels.com <kevin at kevinfreels.com> wrote:

> Of course, once we are able to make a fully sentient AI, there will be
> some
> great debate as to whether or not we should. We may very well choose not
> to.

By then it will be too late.
If something so amazingly useful can be done, it will be done by someone
somewhere.

Considering all the human enhancements available to us and the ability to
> create limited or "almost AI", there shouldn;t really be a need for a
> truly
> sentient AI and I wonder if it would be anymore "right" to create one than
> to create a humanzee.

The 'Wintermute' solution may be viable for a few years, but how long could
a bunch of talking chimps keep a thousand mega-Einsteins under lock and key?
Every chimp beyond fooling as well as being  incorruptible?

Dirk