[extropy-chat] Four-Year Mortality Index for Older Adults

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Thu Feb 16 10:58:24 UTC 2006

Hal Finney:
>It's interesting that
>hey left the income question off, that would be easy to answer and it
>sounds like it should be worth 2 or maybe even 3 points to make less
>than $20K or $10K.  I guess it was just too controversial.

It depends on the country/culture, as well. For example,
The Economist Quality of Life Index 2005 has Italy listed
as number 8, in the middle of some fairly rich countries,
while their average GDP is 20-40% less. Spain is listed as
number 10, and their average GDP per person is even less.

I'll put that article temporarily here:
http://www.amara.com/QUALITY_OF_LIFE.pdf

Amara

Amara Graps, PhD          email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics     vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers         URL:   http://www.amara.com/