[extropy-chat] Hydrogen cells

Pete Bertine pkbertine at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 18 00:42:00 UTC 2006

Thank you Robert,

This site was very helpful  <http://www.fuelcellsworks.com/Companies.html>
http://www.fuelcellsworks.com/Companies.html

I agree that solar DC to split H2O to H2 is the best way to go and this
company seems to have the most robust H2 system for powering a home:

<http://www.havepower.com/Questions/Engineering_Questions/engineering_questi
ons.html>
http://www.havepower.com/Questions/Engineering_Questions/engineering_questio
ns.html

H2 is very explosive though and setting up the electrolyzing set in a stand
alone shed from the main house still doesn't make me feel safe.  And you
just can't rely on timely H2 delivery to power your home.

This company
<http://www.mesoscopic.com/article_flat.fcm?articleid=828&subsite=9209>
http://www.mesoscopic.com/article_flat.fcm?articleid=828&subsite=9209 has a
delightful little model that runs on propane or kerosene (good delivery
infrastructure) and if a large DC battery bank with AC inverter were setup
so that 3 of these little baby's switched on when the batteries drained
below 90% then I think my in-development-ultra-contempo-modern- home-model
has a new power source !

Thanks again !

pete

  _____