[extropy-chat] (U.S.) Government releases proposed space travel rules

Jay Dugger jay.dugger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 13:49:44 UTC 2006

Tuesday, 3 January 2006

On 12/29/05, Joseph Bloch <transhumanist at goldenfuture.net> wrote:
> The full text of the proposed regulations may be found at
> http://frwebgate5.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/waisgate.cgi?WAISdocID=902051483587+0+0+0&WAISaction=retrieve

This link fails; you might try the Federal Aviation Administration
(FAA) site. From there:

New Era of Commercial Human Space Flight

Dec. 30 – FAA is proposing new rules specifically relating to crew and
passengers on commercial space flights. Proposed rules focus on
encouraging, facilitating, and promoting space tourism in a way that
continuously improves safety.

    * Proposed Rules (PDF)
http://ast.faa.gov/files/pdf/Human_Space_Flight_NPRM.pdf
    * Fact Sheet on Commercial Human Space Flight
http://www.faa.gov/news/news_story.cfm?type=fact_sheet&year=2005&date=092605a

Released on my natal anniversary; not a bad birthday present from
Uncle Sam, and certainly the nicest thing the FAA did for me all year
long.

--
Jay Dugger
Please donate to a charity you like.