[extropy-chat] circumcision

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 04:26:40 UTC 2006

On 1/12/06, spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> > bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Alex Ramonsky
> > BTW do you have a prime number of kids yet?  :  )
> > AR
> > **********
>
> My son is due June.  I jumped the gun in announcing this,
> because we are still high risk of miscarriage.  Since you
> bring this up, I apologize in advance for a topic that
> is not extropic.  But you are my friends and I need some
> friendly advice:
>
> To circumcise, or not.  Why or nhy?  Offlist OK.

Well, I guess it's in a clearly identifiable thread that can be easily
skipped by people who aren't interested in it... I can't give you a
definitive answer to the question; I'm no medical expert. But one thing you
might want to take into account when making the decision: I saw an article
awhile back about some number of baby boys who had a circumcision botched to
the point where doctors found it necessary to go for a full sex change
operation. (It turned out badly: on reaching adolescence, they found
themselves psychologically male in female bodies; that was the context in
which I came across the article.) What the percentage of this is, I don't
know.

- Russell