[extropy-chat] REAL POLITIK IN THE WTA... and so long...

Hughes, James J. james.hughes at trincoll.edu
Sat Jan 14 23:09:27 UTC 2006

> especially since
> Mr Medvedev was a WTA functionary.

Mr. Medvedev is not a WTA functionary. He's not even a functionary of
the Russian Transhumanist Association. Currently he is barred from
posting on the WTA lists, and his posts have been moderated since the
Board originally debated the matter.  After next week, he may not be a
member of the WTA since we will be voting on whether to expel him.

I take it that would be your advise?

As to the need to moderate vituperative political debates on the WTA
lists, to which you objected in the past, I note that the same debate
about the appropriateness of political debate, and vituperation, has
also occurred here.

James Hughes Ph.D.
Executive Director
World Transhumanist Assoc.   Inst. for Ethics & Emerging Tech.
http://transhumanism.org     http://ieet.org
director at transhumanism.org   director at ieet.org
Editor, Journal of Evolution and Technology
http://jetpress.org

Mailing Address: Box 128, Willington CT 06279 USA
(office) 860-297-2376