[extropy-chat] On Gut Feelings

Jack Parkinson isthatyoujack at icqmail.com
Sun Jan 15 01:10:47 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rafal Smigrodzki" <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com>

> Free speech needs the odd crackpot to reassure us all that the system is
> working.

### You are right, Jack (strange we agree, isn't it?). The problem
with wta-talk is that it was supposed to *apolitically* moderated, and
it wasn't. Failing to expel an extreme communist (because Mr Medvedev
is not even a mainstream communist anymore) after having silenced the
opposite end of the political spectrum amounts to support for one of
the positions.
Rafal

Good to see we have the occasional overlapping position!
I can see how those postings amount to major embarrassment - but I still
think that trying for a complete separation of politics from the issues the
WTA discusses is something of a lost cause.

Science/technology has ramifications for politics/sociology and
vice -versa...

Jack Parkinson