[extropy-chat] Human evolution was " what Human Minds Will Eventually Do"

Anne-Marie Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 4 04:55:44 UTC 2006

>Bill K wrote:
>AI evolves so fast that human evolution is
>effectively stopped.

  I don't understand.  Human evolution, in my opinion, hasn't ever
  stopped.
I believe, that life as we know it, will be changed, but how? I'm not sure:)

  What I believe:
  AI will be an advanced replica of a post human.  Somebody that is
  interested in good, compassion, helping, empathy; not someone;
  that establishes their own goal system but someone that
  analizes the group effort to want to create something significante and
  worthwhile for humanity.

  Is this wishfull thinking?

  >Lee said, Singularity will change the course of
>humanity just the same as other technological
>experiences.

  Do I believe him?
No.

  I think their will be "a moment" that will generate
big impact (such a religious awakening, world war,
natural cause, technological creation...). I just
wouldn't be comfortable giving a specific time and
event to when it will occur.

  How do I know?  I don't.  I have nothing to quote:)
  It's just what I believe.

  People, time and space, have produced, at a certain
times, some significances, that lead to singular
behavior or events.  Recognizing particular behaviors,
or events, is essential to understanding the
evolution of human experience.

  Anna:)