[extropy-chat] Music for little transhumans (was: SURVIVAL: An impulse behind transhumanism?)

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 4 19:59:14 UTC 2006

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Amara Graps
>
> My father used to sing this ditty to us (my sisters and I) when I was
> little. If you want, I can sing it to Isaac:
>
> http://www.amara.com/aboutme/ugunskurs.au

> Amara

Thanks Amara!  You are very talented.  Consider the English words to your
Latvian melody:

Campfire glows in the dark
Sparks rise into the air
The night is dark, no one's around
Here is our parting...

This reminds me of Mt. Rainier, after which Isaac Rainier was named.  His
mother and I have hiked and camped on Rainier's Wonderland Trail many times.
It always amazes me how few people use this trail, considering the stunning
beauty of the place, the "no one's around..." part is especially fitting.
Last summer, the third day of hiking, we saw more bears than humans: 8
bears, 6 humans, all day.  I don't understand why more people don't go
there.  I am not complaining, of course, just puzzled.  Every time I go on
that trail I see new things.  This is my favorite place on the planet.  If
we get to upload, I want to try to create a thousand simulations of places
like it.

These guys put together an excellent photo journal of the trail:

http://rainier.gameworkshop.com/index.html