[extropy-chat] Morford: Crazy Healers Enter the World

Robin Hanson rhanson at gmu.edu
Tue Jul 4 21:40:02 UTC 2006

At 05:33 PM 7/4/2006, Amara Graps wrote:
> >and Italy and Germany are just went into overtime....
>
>Woo hoo! INCREDIBLE game..   Italy just scored twice in
>five minutes  after 2 hours of no scoring, multiple attempts
>by both sides and the finest soccer playing I've ever seen.
>You wouldn't believe the noise here. Horns and firecrackers and
>fireworks. My apartment building is vibrating. There will be a
>huge party all over Italy tonight, if my corner of my sleepy
>little village is an example.
>This isn't about patriotism, it is about a show of incredible
>skill and  flair and heart. WOW.

I might believe you if Germany is partying just as hard as Italy,
or if Italy would be partying just has hard had they lost.   But
you don't believe either of those claims do you?

Associate Professor of Economics, George Mason University
MSN 1D3, Carow Hall, Fairfax VA 22030-4444
703-993-2326  FAX: 703-993-2323