[extropy-chat] cell phone usage distance ... minimizing exposure

Ensel Sharon user at dhp.com
Fri Jul 28 18:08:17 UTC 2006

This is a general health/longevity question, but I think it may be
interesting to a lot of folks here.

It is my understanding that EMF lessens as a square of the distance.

So, let's say I alter my cell phone usage such that 100% of all calls are
made with speakerphone, either holding the phone in my hand, or placed on
a desk in front of me.

What kind of reduction are we talking about here in brain exposure when
the emitter is moved from (touching the head) to (forearms length or so
away).

This is my primary question, and is interesting regardless of what degree
you suppose mobile phones to be dangerous.

I'm not looking for a "dangers of mobile devices" discussion, per se, but
would be happy to see one if people had interesting points to make, above
and beyond the main point of my question...

Thanks.