[extropy-chat] (par-a-noy-a) definitions

Anne-Marie Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 26 08:20:02 UTC 2006

Anna questions:
  Just Curious:)

  >One of the definitions of (par-a-noy-a) on Goggle is;
  >(par-a-noy-a): A mental state that includes unreasonable suspicions of people and
  >situations. A person who is paranoid may be suspicious, hostile, feel very
  >important, or may become extremely sensitive to rejection by others.

  Anna Replies:)
  In my opinion, people who are suspicious;
  That is,  suspicious,  will always be hostile.
  "Feel very important" , in my opinion, is closely related  to ego.
  How does that describe (par-a-noy-a)?
  In my opinon, being paranoid, about what you truly believe in, is very important,
  just as; laziness is considered negative.

  >Another definition by Google;
  >A belief that the actions of others is demeaning or threatening. It is characterized by >feelings of being exploited or harmed by others, and questioning loyalty or >trustworthiness of friends or associates.
>A disease-like state, characterized mainly with abnormal suspiciousness
  >and crazy idea.

  Therefore.,  if i'm paranoid, it is  because,  I'm suspicious and have crazy ideas
  and apparently, I have a disease:) Am I not understanding properly?

  In my opinion, (par-a-noy-a) , doesn't exist.  I acknowledge that disease
  causes failures,  but defining a word,  takes experiences.  I would prefer to learn
  from the best, simulate,  and respond.

  At the same time, from wiki:
  Suspicion of others is based on unrealistic facts.
  A belief that the actions of others is demeaning or threatening. It is characterized by feelings of being exploited or harmed by others, and questioning loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates.

  Is that a personal belief:)

  Again, I didn't mean to be out of context, sorry.
  Again, just curious.
  Anna:)