[extropy-chat] quasarps

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Wed Jun 28 01:52:05 UTC 2006

At 08:11 AM 6/26/2006 -0500, Robert B. wrote:

>I am proposing that the conventional wisdom, including observed
>phenomena, need to be seriously reexamined from the basic premise
>that there is a high probability that many of the 'Earth's' which
>may exist in the galaxy are much, much older than our own.

Robert, have you considered Chip Arp's catalogue of anomalously
red-shifted but apparently linked quasars, e.g.

< Seyfert galaxy NGC 7603 z=0.029 is connected to its apparently
ejected companion z=0.057 by a luminous bridge in which are embedded
two compact emission line objects of z=0.243 and 0.391...

http://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0203466  >

and wondered if and how they might be very early mega-engineering?

Damien Broderick