[extropy-chat] Re Fight for Evolution?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 23:36:32 UTC 2006

On 3/2/06, Pete Bertine wrote:
<snip>
> The ignorance of today's "educated" person is staggering. I frequently ask
> people how they think cell phones work.  A frequent reply (other than who
> cares) is that they "talk to satellites." A person in the middle of a
> concrete building thinks their phone goes straight to a satellite, bounces
> off it and "talks" to their friend's phone in the same room or around the
> world.
<snip>

There's no need to know things like that when we have
<http://www.howstuffworks.com/>

Back at school I liked physics because you got to work out problems.
I hated chemistry because you just had to memorize the textbook and
write it back down on the exam paper. Where's the intelligence in
that?

BillK