[extropy-chat] interesting article about human lifespans in thenear future

Hughes, James J. james.hughes at trincoll.edu
Fri Mar 3 05:49:59 UTC 2006

"An example of this inequality, Tuljapurkar said, is the lack of
availability of AIDS antiretrovirals in Africa. Although these
medications are widely available in the West, they are out of reach for
many African patients, who make up more than 60 percent the world's AIDS
cases. "If we can't deal with AIDS in Africa, the chance that we'll be
able to deliver these anti-aging technologies to other nations is pretty
slim," he said. "

-----------

Ironic, since I always use the global campaign to provide
antiretrovirals in Africa as an example of precisely the kind of
politics we will need to ensure universal access to human enhancement
tech. See The Global Fund: http://www.theglobalfund.org/en/

James Hughes Ph.D.
Executive Director
World Transhumanist Assoc.   Inst. for Ethics & Emerging Tech.
http://transhumanism.org     http://ieet.org
director at transhumanism.org   director at ieet.org
Editor, Journal of Evolution and Technology
http://jetpress.org

Mailing Address: Box 128, Willington CT 06279 USA
(office) 860-297-2376