[extropy-chat] Addwaita:250 years is a long time.

Joao Magalhaes joao at genetics.med.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 28 00:05:48 UTC 2006

I should point out that there is no way anyone can confirm this particular
longevity record, which makes it anecdotal and even suspicious.

For really long-lived species, please see our AnAge database:

http://genomics.senescence.info/species/query.php?show=1&sort=4&page=1

Some trees and sponges appear to live thousands of years.

Cheers,

Joao