[extropy-chat] ANNOUNCE: Extropy Institute's Future

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Thu May 4 15:39:07 UTC 2006

At 05:38 AM 5/4/2006, Amara Graps wrote:
>Hal Finney:
> >My main concern during this time of transition is that the history
> >of Extropy be preserved and not forgotten.  Because of the extreme
> >unacceptability of transhumanist ideas in the early days (hard to remember
> >today), the original extropians mailing list had a policy of quasi-secrecy
> >with regard to list archives.
>
>It's not hard for me to remember today, because alot of it is still
>true. Many of those discussions could today still jeopardize contracts,
>careers and personal lives. I wish to remember those discussions in
>our private living rooms, not in a public Internet venue.

The early list will be kept private *unless* post authors agree to have
their posts included in the library, or in a book.  In that case, the
editors will contact post authors and get full permission to make the posts
public.

Amara, we can discuss this in detail so that everyone is assured that their
privacy is protected.

Natasha

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
Cultural Strategist - Designer
President, <http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy Institute
Member, <http://www.profuturists.com/>Association of Professional Futurists
Founder, <http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the circle,
then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what is inside the
circle and everything outside the circle, then that is an open system
perspective. - Buckminster Fuller