[extropy-chat] ANNOUNCE: Extropy Institute's Future

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Thu May 4 16:33:22 UTC 2006

At 10:00 AM 5/4/2006, you wrote:
>At 12:38 PM 5/4/2006 +0200, you wrote:
> >Hal Finney:
> > >My main concern during this time of transition is that the history
> > >of Extropy be preserved and not forgotten.  Because of the extreme
> > >unacceptability of transhumanist ideas in the early days (hard to remember
> > >today), the original extropians mailing list had a policy of quasi-secrecy
> > >with regard to list archives.
> >
> >It's not hard for me to remember today, because alot of it is still
> >true. Many of those discussions could today still jeopardize contracts,
> >careers and personal lives. I wish to remember those discussions in
> >our private living rooms, not in a public Internet venue.
> >
> >Amara
>
>Unfortunately due to factors ranging from disk crashes to becoming a
>refugee, not many of us can remember those long gone days.  (I.e., read the
>postings--brain memory just leaks out and is gone.)
>
>Shame too, because there was history made on that list.

We want to preserve that history and that it was made on this list.

>And some of it
>that diffused into the general net culture is just wrong and should be
>corrected from the original source.

Can you elaborate more?

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
Cultural Strategist - Designer
President, <http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy Institute
Member, <http://www.profuturists.com/>Association of Professional Futurists
Founder, <http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the circle,
then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what is inside the
circle and everything outside the circle, then that is an open system
perspective. - Buckminster Fuller