[extropy-chat] ANNOUNCE: Extropy Institute's Future

A B austriaaugust at yahoo.com
Thu May 4 16:45:46 UTC 2006

Hi Amara,

  I certainly respect anyone's right to privacy. However, I think it would be counterproductive to hide or destroy *all* of the old archives. A good solution would be to hide any specific posts that the post author requests to remain undisplayed, if this can be achieved.

  Best Wishes,

  Jeffrey Herrlich

Amara Graps <amara at amara.com> wrote:
  Hal Finney:
>My main concern during this time of transition is that the history
>of Extropy be preserved and not forgotten. Because of the extreme
>unacceptability of transhumanist ideas in the early days (hard to remember
>today), the original extropians mailing list had a policy of quasi-secrecy
>with regard to list archives.

It's not hard for me to remember today, because alot of it is still
true. Many of those discussions could today still jeopardize contracts,
careers and personal lives. I wish to remember those discussions in
our private living rooms, not in a public Internet venue.

Amara

Amara Graps, PhD email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics vita: ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers URL: http://www.amara.com/