[extropy-chat] [agi] the Singularity Summit and regulation of AI

Jeff Medina analyticphilosophy at gmail.com
Wed May 10 15:04:54 UTC 2006

Ben is pretty spot on here.  There are many possible approaches and
views that will not be covered; there simply isn't enough time.  I
can't speak for the speakers, nor for the extent to which any one of
them will focus his or her time on regulation.  But please note that
the Summit has an open invitation for questions from the public
(sss.stanford.edu, lower left-hand column):

What's Your Question?
"Would you like to participate as more than an audience member? A
selection of questions submitted will be answered at the summit. You
can address your question generally or to a specific participant. Let
us know what you want answered and whether we may use your name."

I encourage anyone with concerns about regulation who would like to
increase the chance of this topic being mentioned to submit them in
question form to sss-inquiries at lists.stanford.edu.  (Questions on
other topics are of course also welcome.)  Some questions will be
answered at the summit, and others may be answered afterwards on the
site.

And regardless of what side of the various issues you come down on, I
thank you for your interest in and concern for the safety and
prosperity of our shared future.

Best,
--
Jeff Medina
http://www.painfullyclear.com/

Associate Director
http://www.singinst.org/

Relationships & Community Fellow
Institute for Ethics & Emerging Technologies
http://www.ieet.org/

School of Philosophy, Birkbeck, University of London
http://www.bbk.ac.uk/phil/