[extropy-chat] new moderators

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu May 11 05:20:08 UTC 2006

ExIers,

I am pleased to announce that J. Andrew Rogers and Eugene Leitl have
volunteered to be the next ExI list temporary benevolent dictators for
however long they are willing.  I am on the hook until 1 June in accordance
with my previous agreement, but I have two business trips coming in the next
three weeks, so these gentlemen have graciously agreed to step up early.

Since I confer infinite authority upon Eugene and J. Andrew, they must
divide this power.  Since half of infinity is still infinity, it would be
cool to find something upon which they disagree and see what happens.  It
would be one of those infinity over infinity things, which in differential
calculus is given the delightful term "singularity".

One of the powers I gave up is taking people out of the penalty box, so if
you are in there, talk to Gene or Andrew, tell them how you got there and
why it won't happen again.  Both are reasonable chaps.

Power corrupts.  As I relinquish all this power, I feel the corruption
flowing out from me with a sense of blessed relief that sharpens the mind,
uplifts the spirit and ennobles the soul, like the ethereal serenity that
settles over the sincere penitent sinner from seeking atonement in humble
supplication before an omnipotent but merciful deity, or from making a
really long turd.