[extropy-chat] Bluff and the Darwin award

Ned Late nedlate2006 at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 23:54:42 UTC 2006

[reply to this privately if you wish to reply; five posts is quite enough regarding a non-science topic] World government is strongly implied in any reference to "our" -- otherwise you have nations continually using force or the threat of force. However there is no reason to think world government will be constructed for many years, if ever.
   This was all only to say it makes me as nervous to read libertarians saying 'we' as it does to read Communists saying 'individual rights'.

>And as I mentioned in the reply to said message, it's not the "our" part of the above >proposal at all that I've had a problem with when it's been suggested, but (for reasons >I've discussed at some length on wta-talk when it came up) the "world government" part.
  >Russell

"information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not..."