[extropy-chat] Which Cryonics option is optimal?

A B austriaaugust at yahoo.com
Fri May 19 18:18:11 UTC 2006

Hello,

  I intend to sign up for cryopreservation with Alcor in the near future, but I'm not completely decided on which option I would prefer: Neuropreservation Option (head only) or full-body (head + body). Note: at this time, both options involve a supposedly successful vitrification of the brain. Right now I'm leaning toward Neuropreservation for a few reasons:

  - brain structure preservation still seems to be marginally superior with Neuro.
  - easier transport in emergencies.
  - emergency conversion to Neuro option is not necessary.
  - possibly less likely to be the first revival guinea pig as a Neuro, and so perhaps a
         lower chance of a disastrously failed revival.
  - may actually be easier to revive a Neuro than a full-body- so extra money may be
         wasted- and could lead to delay in revival.
  - a Neuro is substantially cheaper.

  My inclination right now is to tentatively sign up as a Neuro, but to hopefully purchase a life insurance policy that will barely cover a full-body, in case I change my mind later.

  I would like to get the opinions of other Cryonicists regarding which option is superior based on factors which I may have failed to list here.

  Best Wishes,

  Jeffrey Herrlich