[extropy-chat] A couple weird questions...

A B austriaaugust at yahoo.com
Fri May 19 17:31:46 UTC 2006

Hey y'all,

  I'm trying to work on the Life/Death Reality Argument off-list, and I have a couple of bizarre questions for anyone with a greater knowledge of Neurobiology:

  1)
  What would be a very lower-bound estimate for the physical distance between the Soma/Main-Body of one neuron and the Soma/Main-Body of an adjacent neuron in the Human brain? (Doesn't matter what units are used)

  2)
  What would be a very lower-bound estimate for the distance between a Terminal Button and the Dendrite's surface? (Again, units don't matter)

  The reason I ask, is that I'm trying to refine my estimate of the time delay between neuronal discharges by incorporating a discussion about the illusion of Simultaneity of discharges - involving distances between neurons and the speed of light. Any input is greatly appreciated.

  Best Wishes,

  Jeffrey Herrlich

http://mail.yahoo.com