[extropy-chat] polls again

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 11:26:53 UTC 2006

On 11/3/06, The Avantguardian <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I say: Down with the two party system! To try to reconcile the tropics
> with the North Pole or Antartica is silly. It is stupid that I convince
> myself to vote for Coke or Pepsi when what I really crave is orange juice.

Having voted outside of the box in several national elections I can only
beat my shoe on the table in agreement.

The reality, unfortunately, and one which "we" may not adapt to easily is
that while many people on the list are adept at balancing N-dimensional
spaces, the "public" (which is buying those newspapers) is not.

Now, this leads to an interesting question -- is the destiny of humanity
multispatial?  Does the direction and politics and news of Smartski
(Deepski?), CA differ significantly from the direction and politics of
Slowski (Shallowski), CA? [1]  You can view it as an orthogonal vector to
red v. blue.  A second interesting question is whether the power brokers can
afford to allow humanity to become multispatial? [2]

Robert

1. For those outside of New England, Comcast (cableco) has been raking
Verizon (phoneco) over the coals with a very aggressive advertising campaign
with respect to people who have  DSL connections (the "slow"skis) vs. people
with cable internet connections (the "fast"skis).
2. Oh those "slowskis" back on Earth aren't doing anything productive with
their materials -- "All their materials are belong to us."