[extropy-chat] the self identity quest - reply to Russel Wallace

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 17:35:06 UTC 2006

On 11/5/06, Robert Bradbury <robert.bradbury at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to hear comments from those who would object to Robert
> surrogates (copies) filling in for me.  In particular I would like to know
> *who* would be so presumptuous as to claim knowing when I have been replaced
> by one of my copies and how they would know  such.

I have no idea how many copies of you have already had the audacity to post
messages here.  I have little interest in investigating this, so I will
statistically average all the behaviors exhibited to date and assume the
composite of all the posts under your email address to constitute "Robert
Bradbury"  -  If/when I have a sufficiently detailed model to detect
sufficiently non-normative posts, I may question their authenticity.  Until
then I will have to assume you are capable of mood swings or otherwise
possess an acceptable/tolerable variance in identity model.  This doesn't
take any advanced technology for uploading or copy simulation - I make this
analysis of posts every day  :)