[extropy-chat] META: list delivery

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Sun Nov 5 19:07:15 UTC 2006

Eugen and Heartland wrote

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eugen Leitl" <eugen at leitl.org>

> On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 11:03:07AM -0500, Heartland wrote:
>
>> Looking at my inbox and the archives, the delivery rate seems to hover somewhere
>> around 80% which is not good at all. The problem with these mailing lists is that
>
> Yeah, hotmail really sucks mossy rocks. You should ditch it.

Well, I'm getting straight delivery through subscription to an established
address.  Horribly enough, for all I can really say, maybe *my* miss rate may
also be 20%!

I suspect this because Al Brooks copied me---just as I'm going on this
message to Slawomir and Eugen---and so I could see that I had missed
his message to the list.

Hmm...  so this is one reason why people "Copy to all".  Heretofore,
I thought that it was silly to do so, and even unfair to other recipients.
No more.

Resolved:  from now on I'll "Reply to All".

Lee

P.S.  And sorry if I've ignored some posts where some direct question
has been asked me, or for which I was supposed to answer.  (I do have
one outstanding post to answer, and that's from pjmanney.  I needed to
research the question he asked and will send my reply today or tomorrow.)