[extropy-chat] Sex, Power and Single H+er

Anders Sandberg asa at nada.kth.se
Thu Nov 9 21:05:58 UTC 2006

Robert Bradbury wrote:
>> Sex sells.  (And somehow Sex + Anders sells even more.  Why is that,
>> Anders?)

It is because humor also sells. I'm one big, walking joke. Add me to sex
(and maybe something with calories) and I'm irresistible.

> suspect someplace downstream there will be papers written on the topic of
> "Anders vs. Swedish cultural history. Good or bad?"  The paradoxical part
> is
> that there are going to be minds which will *think* about this.

Poor minds.

>> Power corrupts.  (Absolutely!)
>>
> And the thing you have to be concerned with is whether Anders or I or
> Eliezer will have it first.

Gigawatts of power! Muhahahaha!

>> And no one knows who they are.  (If they did, they wouldn't be looking
>> so
>> hard for their identity!)
>>
> That is of course an interesting observation -- which of A.S./R.B./E.Y.
> would give up their identity freely (or lay it out on the table for one to
> fiddle with it?)

I think I might open-source at least parts of my identity. When I said at
Extro 3 that I wanted to become an Internet standard or a search engine, I
meant it.

> I will state that as of this date (6 Nov 2006) there is no conspiracy that
> am to my knowledge involved in.

The best conspiracies are secret even to their members.

Today's achievements: demonstratic static electricity and Newton's first
and third law to my niece.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics