[extropy-chat] Sex, Power and Single H+er

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 14:47:02 UTC 2006

On 11/9/06, Anders Sandberg <asa at nada.kth.se> wrote:

> > That is of course an interesting observation -- which of A.S./R.B./E.Y.
> > would give up their identity freely (or lay it out on the table for one to
> > fiddle with it?)
>
> I think I might open-source at least parts of my identity. When I said at
> Extro 3 that I wanted to become an Internet standard or a search engine, I
> meant it.

### I would even consider offering zero-interest loans, mail-in
rebates and other buyer incentives to boost interest in my mind
content. This could be a rough and tough competition, with only a few
personality templates taking over significant portions of many markets
(mainly due to inter-personality compatibility issues). Probably there
will be a distinction between using full copies of minds, somewhat
analogous to hiring a person (but possibly with the option of deleting
for subpar performance, which is usually not a part of today's
employment arrangements), and buying plug-ins, specialized modules
derived from a mind, directly controllable by the buyer.

At present my user-friendliness and competence may not be very
attractive but as soon as possible I will initiate a program of
autopsychoengineering, to improve my marketability, to make myself
useful for the greatest number of projects by the greatest number of
users. Whatever sells, I'll offer it.

"RAFAL - The Mind to Go for Process Control!"

Rafal