[extropy-chat] Doomsday argument

George Dvorsky george at betterhumans.com
Mon Oct 16 14:26:41 UTC 2006

Eugen,

You and I have gone back and forth many times on the topic of the SSA,
and we clearly have differing perspectives on the matter. One thing I
want to make clear, however, is that the SSA does not indicate the
*truth*, merely what you should probabilistically *assume* given
insufficient data. I will admit that it is at best a philosophical mind
exercise, but it's one that, imo, offers some profound insight as where
we find ourselves within certain reference classes.

Cheers,
George