[extropy-chat] Podcast about Extropians

John john.heritage at v21.me.uk
Wed Sep 13 12:59:56 UTC 2006

>You must have some dead time on the commute. I don't like voice, it's
>slow and annoying. Reading is an order of magnitude faster at least.

Yep, I just bought a Pocket PC to give me some additional time to catch up
with stuff while I'm on the move - I got an RX1955 iPAQ from HP and would
definitly recommend one (I'm actually considering getting one or two more
for other family members I'm that happy with it).

I think reading is better for detail, but sometimes I just want an overview
of a load of topics that will let me pick the ones I want to read into after
so's that I don't need to spend too long reading each one sequentially to
see what's going on. I'd like to be able to put my earphones in and catch up
whilst I'm walking along.

I thought it'd be good, for instance, to do something like "What's new this
week!" and take some of the topics you post up on a regular basis, for
example, and just do a super quick review of what's said to allow people to
keep up to date without needing to necessarily be on all the lists or deal
with the full volume involved.

As MB suggested, it's never going to fully compete with text for detail, but
that shouldn't be the aim of these ideas anyway - more just to cluster bomb
with the primes for reading the detail.

John

BullGuard Anti-virus has scanned this e-mail and found it clean.
Try BullGuard for free: www.bullguard.com