[extropy-chat] Islamic morons win yet again

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Thu Sep 28 04:58:43 UTC 2006

Mike Dougherty  Wrote:

> Absolute statements are stupid.

Rather like the one you just wrote. And if you can't call a spade a spade on
the Extropian list where the hell can you? Religion is stupid. Absolutely!

> If you're just trolling

I'm flattered. As I've been on this list for over a decade so you must think
I deserve to be in the Guinness Book of world records as the longest living
troll in internet history.

> If you really are too close-minded

One should always be open minded, but not so open minded that all your
brains fall out.

>to realize that your anti-religious beliefs are approaching religious zeal

Standard attack. You know your opponent hates religion so you accuse your
opponent of being religious. Boring. Been there done that.

> then I am sorry for you.

Bullshit. You are lying through your teeth. Whenever somebody uses the
cliché "I am sorry for you" they are never, EVER, expressing genuine
sympathy, rather they are trying to express contempt. However this form of
attack has proven to be somewhat less than brilliantly effective with me.
Whenever a religious nincompoop says he doesn't like what I say I am proud.
PROUD!

  John K Clark    jonkc at att.net