[extropy-chat] (no subject)

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 00:27:36 UTC 2006

"religion" is a dangerous meme?  Not a particular religion, just "religion"
in general?

Why denounce religion?  I can understand your personal decision to not
partake of religion, but how is it productive to actively campaign against
it?   Let's say you could 'wipe out' the religion meme, what would you go
after next?  Prevailing public opinion?  That would be a good way to ensure
that everyone is forced to think for themselves too.  Maybe once you
accomplish that, you can denounce general consensus just for the fun of it.

sorry about the sarcasm.  I'm aware of it, but rarely turn it off.
Honestly though, I am curious what you think about the value of even
attempting to 'fight' a religion meme.