[extropy-chat] Tyranny in place

Brian Atkins brian at posthuman.com
Fri Sep 29 21:45:41 UTC 2006

Congress shoves through so many laws (many hidden within lengthy documents) that
most people pay no attention to it until it directly affects them in everyday
life. In fact this is a pretty rational response I think often to most of the
stuff going on in the DC reality distortion field. Then, if the new law is
annoying enough the public will whinge about it until the law gets revoked,
modified, struck down by the court systems through challenges, etc.

If we had to go marching in DC every time they do something stupid, we'd be
permanently living there.
--
Brian Atkins
http://www.singinst.org/