[extropy-chat] Tyranny in place

Samantha  Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sat Sep 30 20:43:20 UTC 2006

This is way beyond the usual crap though.  This is taking off the
gloves and exposing naked tyrannical power over all of us.   Bit by
bit they have worn us down until now they can come out with something
this over the top egregious and most of us just say that we can't be
bothered to do much more than send a bit of email.

This and the pending retroactive ok of the administration's utterly
illegal wiretaps on anyone and everyone should wake people up if
anything can still do so.    Perhaps we've seen too much and now only
seek to keep a low profile and eek out  a decent existence as best we
can.  While there are things to be said for that we are in deep
trouble if we all take this approach.  We are basically saying that we
are not free people anymore, that we recognize it and won't make a
stink about it and we just hope the powers that be will leave us in
peace.   Is that how we are willing to live.? Is that what we are
saying?

- samantha