[extropy-chat] Personal Identity Bis

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 00:55:05 UTC 2007

(Where I went on to disagree with *most* of the people here, and always
> have, is whether this new program that "remembers being me" is fully me
> if --- just as in the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus --- the
> "real"
> me, i.e., the original brain, is then revealed to not have been destroyed
> at all,
> but sequestered in a nearby hotel room.)

So how does the program's status change if the original you is discovered?
Or how would you feel any different if it were revealed to you that, without
your knowledge, a copy of you had been made and was living in China for the
past year?

Stathis Papaioannou