[extropy-chat] My first Demo Reel and Query

Anna Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Wed Apr 11 15:00:22 UTC 2007

Hi Gina,
I haven't been able to view any of your art before
now. (My computer is ancient but I am in the process
of purchasing a new one).  I had the opportunity to
use a different computer and thought I would check out
what you do.

Thank you, I truly enjoyed your work, I think you have
remarkable talent.  Your demo is a great
representation of some of your finest work.

Some of my thoughts for what it's worth:

Your choice in music enhances your art making the
complete package fascinating and your character
animation is fantastic. Some of my favorites are The
Gift, Dandelion, The Mark, Moon Goddess and Seasonal.

I truly enjoyed The Odyssey as I envisioned a mixture
of your art entwined with mine.  I imagined a huge
stage with a huge background projector playing your
movie with ballet dancers on stage.  Each playing a
part in an exceptional story.  Isn't it amazing how
Mozart can still create vision? I also envisioned
Zenith as an opening to a Walt Disney Movie, an
introduction to a far away place. I thought Particle 2
was a little short, I would have liked to see a little
more.  I had a little trouble with Countrified, Blue
and Converse as I couldn't clearly see what was going
on, it was a little dark.  (I'm assuming that has
something to do with my computer).  I enjoyed Happy
New Year and thought how nice it would be if I could
send such an e-mail to my friends and family.

All in all, I had a great time discovering your art
and it was time well spent.  You gave me ideas and
made me think.

Thanks again,
Anna:)

Art for art's sake, with no purpose, for any purpose
perverts art. But art achieves a purpose which is not
its own. [1804]-Benjamin Constant

The aim of every artist is to arrest motion, which is
life, by artificial means and hold it fixed so that a
hundred years later, when a stranger looks at it, it
moves again since it is life. ~William Faulkner