[extropy-chat] Putting God to Rest

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Tue Apr 24 07:52:29 UTC 2007

"Lee Corbin" <lcorbin at rawbw.com> Wrote:

> Here we have the intriguing conjecture
> that certain ideas are objectively asinine!

I'm flattered you think my idea is intriguing but I almost didn't post it
because I thought it was rather obvious, mundane, a cliché; but then I
thought cliché's do have one virtue, most of them are true.

> Sensible and courteous folks simply
> DO NOT say such things in mixed audiences

Courtesy be damned! I believe one of the greatest evils of the modern world
is that intelligent people feel they must say nice things about religion
even though they know it's BULLSHIT. Logical people have been making nice to
religious idiots for years; the end result is that devout believers crash
civilian airliners into skyscrapers. Courtesy be damned!

> some religious people are interested in transhumanist ideas

If religious people are interested in transhumanist ideas then that's fine,
it's just that I'm not interested in them. That may or may not be good
public relations, I don't know, it's not my forte.

> find ways of saying what is true without being insulting about it.

God created the universe 4000 years ago and then tortured himself to death
so he could forgive us for our sins. How can you treat such moronic babbling
without being insulting? And why would you even want to?  Insults have their
place in the world of ideas.

 John K Clark