[extropy-chat] Putting God to Rest

A B austriaaugust at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 18:47:56 UTC 2007

Hi Sondre,

I've witnessed first-hand an exchange between two
friends, one white and one black. They obviously
regarded each other very highly, this in spite of the
fact that the white friend jovially referred to his
black friend as "nigga" many times within the same
conversation.

Above any others, speech and communication need to be
the last bastion of absolute freedom. It is through
speech or communication in general that the ills of
society are confronted; and some of them even manage
to be fixed every great once in a while. Speech, in my
opinion, should never be forcefully and irreparably
constrained in any way. I won't be so dishonest as to
say that my feelings would never be hurt by anything
someone says. They could; but that's a sacrifice I'll
always be willing to make. What this world needs is a
tad more rationality in all directions.

Best Wishes,

Jeffrey Herrlich