[extropy-chat] Insults in Posts (was Putting God to Rest)

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Thu Apr 26 16:59:44 UTC 2007

"Lee Corbin" <lcorbin at rawbw.com>

> Nothing I know of is *objectively* stupid.

Then tell me something that is subjectively stupid, that is, tell me
something you think is stupid. For God's sake man give me something to work
with! Otherwise the word "stupid" really should be removed from the English
language. Meaning needs contrast, if nothing that exists and nothing that
does not exist has the "Klogknee" property then the word means nothing.

> People whose IQ is less than 75 are mentally challenged  :-)

And midgets are vertically underprivileged and fat people gravitationally
disadvantaged.

> Even insult itself, however, does have a place

That was my point, if insults weren't often quite good at getting the job
done they would not be so common in the meme pool.

  John K Clark