[extropy-chat] How to be copied into the future?

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Apr 27 10:25:44 UTC 2007

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 08:43:13PM -0400, Heartland wrote:
> I hear this kind of argument all the time. What you're saying here does not really
> question the fact that flat EEG means death. You merely observe that you find no

For the benefit of everyone who is not Slawomir: only sustainable flat EEG
means death.

I wonder what would happen if we'd anaesthesize Slawomir in his sleep,
induced a heart arrest and waited a couple minutes after resuscitation.
Or merely sedated both his hemispheres, making them transiently electrically
silent (a much softer approach).

Then, after several months and years we'd tell him. What would be
his reaction?