[ExI] Ben G's TransVision talk

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Mon Aug 13 06:47:32 UTC 2007

At 06:18 PM 8/12/2007 -0400, Ben G wrote:

><http://www.acceleratingfuture.com/people/blog/?p=19>http://www.acceleratingfuture.com/people/blog/?p=19

where I read:

<But the point I want to make is, as awesome as Google is, if you ask
it, "How long is the gestation period of a zerbra?" It will tell you.
But if you ask it, "How long is the gestation period of a dead
zerba?" It won't tell you, because it doesn't understand anything.>

Good dog! This is terrible! Google can now tell you about zerbras?
That's a horse of a different stripe! And yet it's stumped by a
zerba? There's only one letter difference! Well, and it's dead, but I
still want to know about the gestation period of a *live* zerba.

Damien Broderick
[I know. Too much time on my hands. And look--it's 1.47am, I should be asleep]