[ExI] Good news on the Alzheimer's front

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 22:30:01 UTC 2007

Extropes,

Ordinarily, I'd let this pass, but the nature of  Azheimer's is so
ugly,... well, maybe some one of you with a personal Alzheimer's
concern can have a better day, hearing some good news.

Draining away brain's toxic protein to stop Alzheimer's
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2007-08/uorm-dab080907.php

The previously murky cause of the disease comes into clear view, and
an almost "silver bullet" therapeutic approach is not merely indicated
by the research, but actually demonstrated (in the mouse model) and
shown thoroughly effective.

Also google up: "Berislav Zlokovic University of Rochester Medical
Center" and read his bio.  What a guy.  Reminds me of Drexler, or
Anders.

Color me naive, my optimism premature, my conclusion unsubstantiated,
but I'm thinking "Jonas Salk Moment" and Nobel Prize in Medicine.

Ahhhhh, serotonin.

--
Best, Jeff Davis

               "Everything's hard till you