[ExI] Good news on the Alzheimer's front

Gary Miller aiguy at comcast.net
Fri Aug 17 02:03:12 UTC 2007

 Very Exciting!!!   Without a cure Azheimer's will be a major drain on our
work force and economy now that the baby boomers are reaching retirement.

Is this protein sLRP (soluble low-density lipoprotein receptor-related
protein) naturally occurring in any foods or supplements.

If so would it make it into the bloodstream without being ripped into amino
acids?

Wikipedia says it's produced in the human body, but it could take another 10
years minimum for this to make it to market.

Most probably the mice were injected.

If they were able to synthesize a altered form in a short period of time the
structure must not be super complex.

It doesn't look like their company Socratech is public but they do have
patents in place so no way to get rich off the coming miracle drug if there
is one of course.

Any other ideas on how to leverage this potential breakthrough sooner rather
than later?