[ExI] free-will, determinism, crime and punishment

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Wed Aug 22 14:39:52 UTC 2007

"Lee Corbin" <lcorbin at rawbw.com>

> If you vote for X because of the thug and his gun, you'll
> not be able to say in the light of later (political)
>developments "You know, I made a mistake about that guy

I will be able to say with complete sincerity "You know, I made a very wise
move voting for that man because if I hadn't my brains would have been
splattered all over that voting booth".

> we may conveniently and coherently describe your choice
> as dictated by your entire judgment and consideration
> of everything you as "choosing freely"

It is my judgment and consideration that I don't want my brains splattered
all over the voting booth.

> You know perfectly well what is meant

No, and I'm not trying to be difficult; I don't know what is meant.

  John K Clark